Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Movies - #? Meet Bill


Okay, I appreciate Aaron Eckhart perhaps more than he is due, but I find the guy to be great fun to watch. While he has all the Hollywood good looks, he really knows how to ham it up. You never know what character this guy is going to play - especially if the roles were left up to him. I think he is cast far better in small budget films or when he does not play the lead (he was great in Nurse Betty).


This time Aaron plays a doof that "married up" and got stuck working for his father in law with the family bank. His wife is a good looking doof that screws around on him.


The story takes many anti-Hollywood twists (meaning a new plot) to work out a better life for Bill. My big problem is that "breaking free" of an old life often includes sex with beautiful strangers and doing pot. Whatever... that part is typical Hollywood.


I would recommend the movie.

No comments: