Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Movies - #? Winter Passing


I first saw Zooey Deschanel in the movie Mumford. That movie sticks with me almost everyday as a fun, yet introspective look at life… even if borderline shallow.

In Mumford, Zooey played what was suppose to be a supporting role among a full cast of excellent performances. To me, Mumford was very well done… yet to me, Zooey managed to steal the show with her performance. She seems to play this ultimately honest, yet peacefully sad character.

She does the same in “Winter Passing”. She is so pleasant to watch. I crave the gentle peacefulness of her being. I think this movie was too sad to want to watch again… there was a part played by a kitten that still crushes the air out of my lungs when I recall. And the loss within the story is too painful to consider. Yes Zooey offers this peaceful acceptance that seems to reach into my soul and offer me hope… the hope that one day I too can submit to the good in the bold and ugly face of the bad. Oh, I would recommend this movie… while painful, it is filled with hopeful peace.

No comments: