Thursday, June 11, 2009

Movies - #? Ghost Town


Not too long after my Father died, I had a very vivid dream about him. I think I was in an airport. I came around a corner and I saw him... and I thought, what is he doing here, he is dead?


He was waring this cap that he wore before - to hide himself from me, maybe everyone.


I think I hurried after him and he turned and said "you weren't suppose to know". I woke from the dream and thought it odd... it seemed very real. I felt really good in spite of some silly dream where he never really died... he was just in witness protection.


And now, 25 years later I think about it again and I think "how nice it would be to have some witness that there is something more?".


The airport was not an airport - it was just a place of transition, some "in-between" place. My father was not dead, but I was not suppose to "know". But somehow I did, and that is why the dream seemed real. And that is why I felt so good.


Who is to say?


It was a very nice movie. Maybe we do know... maybe the separation is just so sad that we couldn't go on living now knowing it would be so long before we could be together again. Maybe we could not learn about trust and hope if it all came so easily.


Why is it that Hollywood sometimes comes out with these hopeful movies when they seem to scoff at it far more often than they "go with it".


Yep, this is a movie I would highly recommend.

No comments: