Friday, March 13, 2009

Movie - #? Hot Fuzz


Okay, this is NOT the kind of movie I would normally think I would like. I don't even know how it got in my hands. It was advertised as a slapstick, irreverent, semi-violent movie about cops... NOT my speed.


Some people see this movie and laugh non-stop. I didn't get that. Rather I was amused... REALLY amused. I found myself really enjoying the two main characters. One was a doof and the other was a stick-up-the-backside sort of guy. But it was a really fun break. Fun sound work, goofy photography (but with some class). The story line was original... not so much so that it was outstanding or anything... most of this movie was in the British dry humor that is more enjoyable than gut-wrenching.


I don't by many movies... I see a movie once and I'm pretty much done. However I think I'll buy this one.

No comments: