Monday, March 15, 2010

Movies - #? The Bank Job

Sometimes movies based on fact just don't work... but if they do, they are typically my favorite. Truth is stranger than fiction.

This very complicated story happened in the 70's in London. Jason Statham is a favorite; the guy is like a robot with some built-in personality. He is likable. And the "action stuff" is just fun. Mostly his movies are fun because they always have a happy ending where the good guy wins.

It is tough when the movie needs to conform to reality at some level. At one point in the movie, I had to close my eyes... and I am rolling around the sofa in pain (hard to watch some stuff). But for me, the movie was complex. And it was fun. CRAZY ending. It is a good "renter" movie because I watched it twice just to better understand how it all came together. HIGHLY recommend it!

No comments: