Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Movies - #? Frost / Nixon

I just saw Frost / Nixon. I suppose there are a million understandable reasons why some stories seem to get to me more than others. This story got to me.

I went by myself as I wanted to soak in the history and the significance. I half expected a biased, hateful show. I had my guard up. After all... I was there. I was with thousands of people in Washington D.C. the day that Nixon resigned... I saw the helicopter fly directly over my head. It is hard to be objective about something when one was there...

But it was a good story; well told. I left seeing that vision and dreams are risky, but fun. I saw that the chance to “come clean” can be a renewing opportunity in life. It is amazing to me that people do not take advantage of any opportunity to make things right if given half a chance.

The movie should be seen on big screen. The story needs that kind of focus. I'd rate this very high up as a movie to see.

1 comment:

Kevin Sherman said...

How cool that you were there in D.C. the day Nixon resigned! A significant piece of history. I haven't seen the movie, but I may now. Thanks for the review.