Friday, October 29, 2010

Movies - #? Enron, The Smartest Guys in the Room


When the news happens, I mostly avoid it. Stories are incomplete, and it is "she said / he said". After a while, great documentaries come out - true history, and typically with a far better view of the reality.

This documentary was a shocking revelation to me. It was shocking because... I could see how it happened. People asked for and got "variances" and began to think it was okay exist as the exception, believing in fact that they were "exceptional". For years they were showered with money and glory - which helped them to forget that perception is not reality.

The company value was based on the "idea", un-executed. I've long said that good ideas are crap; it is the man that knows how to execute that is the hero. And then I thank God that I seem to have absorbed some of the financial morality that comes from being a CPA... and saddened that all too many do not.

I have come to enjoy documentaries... a picture of "time", a story of truth. I would highly recommend this movie... I would even go so far as to call it riveting.

No comments: